houses in fall Insuring your Items FOLLOW US

Insuring your items is easy with comprehensive House, Contents and Car insurance

While some belongings can be replaced in the event or theft, fire or an accident, having insurance cover helps to cover any associated costs without leaving you so out of pocket.

Our team of Auckland-based insurance advisers can assess your needs and then recommend a range of insurance policies for you from different providers. We help with:

  • Home Insurance

Owning your own house or investment property is often the result of many years of saving and planning.  So it makes sense to protect your biggest and most important asset with Comprehensive Home insurance.

As well as protecting your house, our Home Policy also provides cover for items in the grounds around your house including driveways and swimming pools. And if you work from home, your home office is covered too.

  • Choosing the Sum Insured value for your home

Homes are covered for rebuild or repair up to a specified maximum value, like the cover amount that you choose when you insure your contents.  This value is called the Sum Insured and we have some options to help you to determine this value.

It’s important to keep your sum insured amount up-to-date, especially if you’ve improved or made changes to your house.  Once you’ve chosen an appropriate value, contact Lifestyle Cover or your Provider to renew your insurance cover and keep it updated.

  • Contents

What makes a house a home is different for all of us. Furniture, technology, jewellery, sports gear – even the valuables you carry on your person away from home can be covered by one easy contents insurance policy.

You can choose varying levels of cover to suit you, but no matter the option you’ll receive some great benefits like personal liability cover and alternative accommodation.  There are added benefits under the more comprehensive cover options, including; transit cover for your contents if you move house; and replacement value for most contents – which means for a total loss, we’ll replace your contents with a brand new item.

  • Motor Vehicle

If your car is damaged in an accident, we’ll get you back on the road as soon as possible.  When you’re insured for comprehensive vehicle insurance, your insurance goes beyond just repair or replacement.  We’ll cover emergency costs for accommodation or your transport home after an accident. And in some cases you’re covered for cleaning, valet costs and keys and locks if your vehicle is damaged when broken into.

With three familiar levels of car insurance cover – Comprehensive; Third Party, Fire and Theft; and Third Party Only – you can choose the Motor Plan that suits you best.

  • Boat

Our boat cover can cover just about any private vessel and boat equipment on it, as well as any legal liability you may incur as an owner.

  • Motorcycle

Cover for your pride and joy! Full replacement Motorbike Insurance as well as any legal liability you may incur as an owner.

  • Goods in Transit

Cover for loss or damage to your valuables whilst they are being transferred from one home to another.​

  • Landlords Protection

Insure your property against mishap or loss of rent due to malicious damage, vandalism or theft by a tenant. Includes legal liability. If you’ve ever had a problem with rents not being paid, tenants disappearing or damage to your property – then landlords protection is a must!

What’s covered? (provider depending)

  • Malicious Damage or Theft by the Tenants. $25,000.
  • Loss of Rents following the tenant vacating without giving the required notice. Up to 6 weeks.
  • Loss of Rents due to the eviction of a tenant for non-payment of rent. Up to 14 weeks.
  • Loss of Rent due to the tenant refusing to vacate the property.  Up to 10 weeks.
  • Loss of Rent following death of the tenant. Up to 6 weeks.
  • Loss of Rent due to prevention of access. Up to 8 weeks.
  • Legal Liability as a Landlord. Up to $1,000,000.
  • Loss of Rent due to manufacture, storage or distribution of ‘unlawful substances’ (P Lab). Up to $25,000.


If you have recently bought a new house or car, got married, divorced or had a baby, or changed your job, then now is a great time to increase your insurance coverage or review your policies to make sure they are your best options.

Give us a call to discuss today.


Get in touch for an insurance quote or a review of your current insurance policies


    Insurance Quote

      Choose The Web Guys For Auckland Website Design